1/18/13

Every day, every week

This was written on last Monday..... before my entire family came down with the stomach virus going around. ALL OF US. At the SAME TIME. Think about that. It has been an utterly disgusting and repulsive week. 
Today was the first day back for us in the real, living world. I'm just playing catch up...

Here is Monday's post  in all it's Glory. 


I try very hard not to to much, housework or cleaning over the weekend.
Why?  It's when my husband is off work. We tend to do "projects' on these days when we're not out. I do dishes (or the Mr. does) and a load of laundry every day. The Mr. does usually run a vacuum in the living room....but that's about it.  I save my "cleaning and organizing" to the weekdays- it's sort of my job so I try to get it done during the day........

Every day I try to do one big thing AND the dishes and the laundry. We have a septic system and I don't like to do more than one load of laundry a day, so that sorta means I have to do one load EVERY day.  It is always amazing to me how much dirty laundry a family of three actually makes.
Anyway, this is my weekly/daily list....

Monday- I grocery shop, clean the fridge, the pantry and the kitchen. It's usually kind of a mess after the weekends anyway...

Tuesday. I vacuum the house or sweep, and I dust. I also try to make sure that the walls are clean of smegma and the switch plates are clean. This is when I look at baseboards.....I often don't do anything about them, but I look at them all the same.

Wednesday. is bathroom day. Yippie. We have a one full bath and one half bath. Toilets, sinks and shower. The floors too. 2 boys though, mean that I actually clean the bathroom daily, and use Wed. as it's "deep" cleaning day. I'm adding the linen closet on this day in the future. It's a mess......

Thursday- Bedrooms. Pull the sheets and clean the rooms (2) I usually put away the weeks laundry now. I try to dust too, it gets incredibly dusty in that room and I don't know why.....

Friday. Cleaning the living/dining rooms. Dust, cobwebs, put toys and stuff away, water the plants, vacuum if needed.

I am not a slave to housework and often my house isn't spotless. Often, really. But, it's cleaner than most.

Due to the barfing boy (he got sick Saturday) , I didn't get to the store  (not a biggie) and I had to clean the pantry on Sunday due to that greedy mouse. I did laundry today, dishes, cleaned the kitchen floor, organized the fridge, and did two loads of laundry. I am getting up in a few minutes to sweep the dining room.....I'm also cleaning up the dining room today since we were working on a project in there, it's horrible.......  Tomorrow, I'll go to the grocery store and strip off the linens of the beds (yes, early- but if barfing boy is well, I want to get those nasty sheets off that bed asap) .

See, I don't live by hard and fast arbitrary rules. If I want or need to change my schedule I am not OCD and so I can.  I do what works FOR me. I work the plan, the plan doesn't work me.  This way, I can go shopping or take my car in for an oil change and it doesn't "set me back" or "put me behind'.


Except of course, when you spend 4 days puking up your guts and listening to the rest of your family do the same....at least now the bathrooms are spotless and the bedlinens are changed . Again.  


2 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Oh Lorijo--I am glad you all are all better! Nasty stomach virus. I'm playing a bit of catch up too. I writhed in pain for four days or so last week but fortunately no one else got sick!

thefarmersdaughter said...

glad to hear your're better...this virus is just sweeping our school (and town) right now....