2/12/15

My metal art tree

I can't believe that I forgot to post this when I got it. Really, I should be ashamed of myself.  We are friends with an amazing artist, who works in re purposed metal .  He also helped install duct work through out our house when we bought it so we could have heat. Plus, he used to be a hair dresser and cut my hair. He's super talented. Anyway, my Mr. went out to his house and they worked all night long to make me something special for my back yard......


It's going to hold bird feeders and other things this spring/summer. I got it right before it snowed, and never got a chance to do much to it, but I added some hooks and some feeders for the birds this winter.... here's it's face..... 


and here's how it looks now. It's on the left of the small pine tree. It's around 6  or 6 1/2 feet tall at he tops of it's arms....


 and it's very visible from my living room windows.... 

which, apparently, are dirty. Sorry. 

But, here is my metal tree. I can't wait to see it in the springtime. 

Actually,  I can't wait for springtime period- as the high today is going to be 0. Yep. 0. It was -22 last night. I am just going to keep thinking spring. 



1 comment:

Alana in Canada said...

That is amazing. What a lovely gift. We're going to have several Springs this year, it seems. Cold. Warm. Rain. Cold. Snow. Freezing Ice. Warm. Slush. Cold--You can have one of them, if you like.